Saturday, January 16, 2010

Bavaro Beach- The latest

I absolutely fell in love with the color in these stones.  The blue reminded me so much of the beautiful waters of the Caribbean Sea, in particular the beautiful Bavaro Beach located in the Domincan Republic. 

Rob and I went there on vacation last February.  Beautiful, clear turquoise waters, nice white sand. You couldn't ask for a more perfect beach.  What also made that trip memorable was that the resort was adults only!


In this necklace and pendant set I used a combination of blue Chalcedony, freshwater pearls and sterling silver wire.  I like the look of the pearls combined with the chalcedony.








Now for some commentary on current eventsAfter what's happened in Haiti it seems sort of lame to be flogging my jewellery. Rob and I were talking last night trying to decide which charity to support. We decided on the Canadian Red Cross. We wanted to make sure that all the money we donated would go directly to Haiti relief.

Please consider donating to the charity of your choice to help the poor people of Haiti.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog!