Friday, June 15, 2012

MIA



MIA- What I've Been Up To...

3 months without blogging. Yes, I am still here. Blogging never seems like a priority when there is jewellery to make, papers to mark and wine to drink! Just kidding about the wine. Maybe not. 


Once again I participated in the Erin Home & Lifestyle show in April.  It was off to a slow start then things started picking up near the end of the show. 


Here are pictures of my booth.....







Once again my friend Evelyn helped out. She is an "uber" saleswoman. She loves talking to people and they really seem to respond to her. Her name was picked for a door prize and look what she won....


It's a garden gnome! It's made in Holland from the Laaf company. Apparently there is a whole series of these fugly things out there. She offered it to me but I told her I would pass. It is beyond creepy! The woman who donated it came by my booth and told us how much she loved it and how hard it was to part with it! As I said before- FUGLY!!

I was also busy making some custom wedding jewellery. Here are some pics of the earrings and bracelets I made for the brides big day...


Five pairs of pearl and gold wire wrapped earrings. 


Freshwater pearl and silver cluster necklace


Freshwater pearl and starfish bracelets


Matching pearl and starfish earrings

I have also been fortunate enough to finally hit 100 sales! These are a few items that recently sold......

Moonstone earrings moonstone jewelry moonstone gold wire wrapped dangle post earrings


Pearl illusion necklace, five strand pearl Illusion necklace, floating pearl necklace


Rock crystal quartz and sterling silver chunky bracelet



I have been busy creating new jewellery, and here are a few available in my ETSY shop.

Ruby moonstone gold wire wrapped dangle earrings, ruby moonstone jewelry, bridal earrings wedding earrings


Ruby moonstone and gold dangle earrings. These stones are pretty neat! Moonstone has been dyed a ruby red color. You can still see the flash of blue in the stones. I love these earrings and want to keep them!

Bali bead sterling silver bracelet

Bali bead and sterling silver bracelet. I love bali beads. They are so unique, and the craftsmanship is incredible. There are matching necklace and earrings available as well. 

Turquoise and sterling silver wire wrapped hoop earrings, turquoise earrings, turquoise jewelry

I made these earrings out of turquoise tubes and rondelle beads. I like the way they turned out.

Turquoise and orange jade gold earrings, turquoise earrings, turquoise jewelry


I have closed my Artfire store. Traffic and views to that site don't even come close to that of Etsy. It wasn't worth it. I also found some of the people in the forums there to be obnoxious. Not that etsy doesn't have their share of outspoken people, but some of the people on Artfire have a real mean streak in them.  I find that I am spending more time in the Etsy forums. It is a good source of information for sellers, but on the other hand, can be a time-waster.  

I am on Pinterest if you are interested in following me. Pinterest is also a major time-sucker so if you haven't already joined, you have been warned!

I will be participating in two events in July. The Caledon Strawberry Festival on July 1, and the Southampton Craft Show on July 5. I will post information about them in another post.    

Thanks for reading and have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog!